Everything you need to know about APA style essay
APA(the American Psychological Association) style essay is a very common writing style. Learn more in our article.
APA STYLE ESSAY
Have you been asked by your course instructor to write your assignment in an APA style or are wondering what are the requirements of the APA format essay? Here are useful notes that may be handy in your for you. First, let us explain what APA format is, before narrowing down on the requirements of this format.
APA is the default publication style of the American Psychological Association. The APA style essay is the most common style for college and university assignments. It is used in a range of subjects such psychology, social sciences and education to mention a few. It is also the easiest of all academic writing styles, although this is relative. Its ease emanates from its few requirements. The requirements dictate the margin, font type, size, and spacing. Although this guide gives some requirements of the APA style, it is also important that you follow your instructor’s instructions.
APA essay format:
APA style has the following requirements:
- The first requirement is that the APA style paper should be typed not handwritten.
- An APA style essay should be double-spaced on a standard-sized paper (8.5” x 11”).
- The margins should be standard, preferably 1” margins on all sides; top, bottom, left and right.
- The recommended font type is in APA writing format is Times New Roman font size 12.
- Every page should have a running header on the left corner. The running header should be a shortened form of the title. These words should not exceed 50 characters inclusive of the spacing.
- Your APA style essay should have a cover page. The cover page should have the title of the paper. The title page should entail the title, your name, and institution. In some instances, teachers require course title, instructor name and the date of submission.
- The title can be two sentences but should not exceed 12 words.
An APA writing style:
An APA style essay should have a reference list. Each new paragraph should be indented one-half inches. Before submitting our APA style essay, ensure that it has the following sections; a title page, abstract, introduction, body, conclusion and reference.
Writing your first APA paper formater, you can escape this intimidation by first writing a draft copy, revising it for typos, missing citations, grammar errors and final draft.
how to write research essay and what to do if you want to buy research essay